Medical Case Manager Job Posting
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Effective Date: March 29, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
General Purpose of the Job: With the clinical team, provide assistance to individuals and families in need of medical services through a holistic, strengths-based, recovery- oriented service program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (The examples of functions are not necessarily exhaustive. Management is not precluded from assigning other related functions not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.)
- Coordinate services to meet medical needs of clients
- In conjunction with other clinical team members and medical professionals, participate in treatment planning
- Coordinate physicians to document physical effects of torture, including timely completion and delivery of medical affidavits to immigration attorneys in support of clients’ legal cases.
- Coordinate on-site psychiatry appointments
- Serve as a liaison between psychiatrist and clients to facilitate medication compliance
- Recruit pro bono or law bono healthcare practitioners in private practices, clinics, hospitals and universities to provide medical, dental and allied healthcare for clients.
- Orient healthcare providers to special needs of torture survivors
- Supervise university interns and volunteers
- Notify and consult with supervisor regarding any critical incidents and/or client care needs
- Participate in community outreach and development events, as needed
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited 4-year college in public health or related health science field
- General working knowledge of case management practices
- Familiarity with treatment issues related to pain, psychological factors and rehabilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication, problem-solving and organization skills
- Experience working with deliver ethnic backgrounds and languages; facility with one or more languages other than English is a plus
- Possess valid California driver’s license, adequate auto insurance and reliable vehicle
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong commitment to human rights and to the mission of Survivors of Torture, International
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits offered.
To be considered for this position, please email your detailed cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.