Survivors of Torture, International (SURVIVORS)
Job Posting – Finance Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: San Diego, CA
Effective Date: November 2017
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (The examples of functions are not necessarily exhaustive. Management may assign other related functions.)
- Accounting Functions– Handle accounts payable and receivable. Process credit card donations. Responsible for all payroll functions. Responsible for 1099s and related reports. Prepare reimbursement requests for government contracts. Keep strong invoicing and collection process with reimbursing entities. Record and monitor pledged donations, recommend future budget levels based on historic data. Make appropriate month-end adjusting journal entries.
- Budget Analysis– Maintain and monitor accounting records for grants and contracts. Prepare budgets for grants and contractors. Develop and administer annual budget process for revenue, expense and capital items. Monitor compliance and variances to budget throughout the year. Ensure cash and investment rates are maximized.
- Financial Reporting– Ensure timely preparation of forecasts and actual financial results, including monthly reports, for the executive director. Prepare for and coordinate annual independent audit and 990. Responsible for financial reporting to grant entities. Coordinate County of San Diego initiated in-depth reviews, audits, and desk audits. Prepare reports as requested or required by law. Reconcile donations against fund development records.
- General Agency Support– Enforce strong internal controls, standardized procedures and policies. Stay current with federal regulations, such as OMB circulars A-122 and A-133. Coordinate with the Executive Director for all finance activities, including banking relations, investments and leasing. Effectively communicate in lay terms the meaning and implications of complex financial and accounting data to board of directors and staff. Coordinate all insurance coverages (workers comp, liability, etc.) Maintain office inventory of computer systems, furniture, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with courses in accounting
- Knowledge of and proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Possess excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills
- Strong commitment to the mission of Survivors of Torture, International
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits are offered
Application Procedures: To be considered for this position, please send a detailed cover letter, resume and salary requirements to confidential email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.