Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Effective Date: January 2022
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time (1.0 FTE)
General Purpose of the Job: Responsible for managing all aspects of funders’ proposals and reports for SURVIVORS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This job requires in-office work, some in-the-field work, some remote work or possibly a combination thereof dependent on public health concerns. These examples of functions are not necessarily exhaustive.
- Prepare letters of inquiry and full proposals to prospective funders
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on contracted program to County of San Diego
- Coordinate with Data Quality and Evaluation Manager the provision of data on billable and non-billable services provided to clients as part of County contract
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual grant reports in a timely manner to a variety of funders, public and private
- Research and identify new prospective funding sources including foundations, corporations, government, faith-based organizations and associations
- Work with Executive Director and development team to develop and nurture funder relationships
- Work with Senior Development Manager to submit proposals to prospective funders to underwrite annual event
- Conduct research in response to funders’ queries as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to the mission of Survivors of Torture, International
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Two to five years of demonstrated progressive experience in successful nonprofit fundraising, specifically proposal writing and grants management skills
- Experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) a plus; other data management systems valued
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload, maintain keen attention to detail and handle a variety of responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to effectively interact with program officers, community representatives and other individuals to promote the agency
- Strong collaborative spirit and ethic to match organizational culture
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Application procedures: To be considered for this position, please send a detailed cover letter, resume and salary requirements as a Word document or PDF file to confidential email: email@example.com. Please include “Grants Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
SURVIVORS prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns or volunteers based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to, their actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 or over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.