Reports to: Executive Director
Location: San Diego, CA
Effective Date: July 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time (1.0 FTE)
General Purpose of the Job: Responsible for the development and execution of SURVIVORS’ fundraising program including annual fundraising event, special community events and individual donor cultivation with an emphasis on generating five-year pledges in the range of $1,000-$25,000 per year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (The examples of functions are not necessarily exhaustive. Management may assign other related functions.) This position may require remote work, in-office work, in-the-field work, or a combination thereof.
- Lead team of board, staff and volunteers in all aspects of Benevon model, including achieving key metrics and engaging team members
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and potential individual donors with a special focus on increasing participation in the Healing Society
- Direct responsibility for the overall development and implementation of annual fundraiser, strategic special donor events, and a minimum of two tours per month for prospective donors, volunteers and community members
- Maintain a detailed donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and acknowledge all cash and in-kind donations
- Facilitate development meetings with staff, volunteers, and fund development members of the Board of Directors
- Coordinate with Community Engagement Coordinator to create all fund development-related publications and collaterals, including direct mail campaigns, invitations, hard copy and e-newsletters, social media posts and website content to support fundraising goals and activities
- Create and nurture a “culture of philanthropy” throughout the organization and encourage an awareness that securing the resources necessary to fund the organization is “a full team effort”
- Develop and implement Benevon fundraising trainings for Board, staff and volunteers
- Prepare reports for Executive Director, board, and external stakeholders, as needed
- Supervise interns and volunteers, as needed
- Apply sensitivity to confidential nature of personal and financial information of clients, donors and volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s strongly preferred
- Experience in fund development required
- Experience implementing the Benevon model desirable
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or comparable database desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication and active listening skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload; maintain attention to detail; and handle a variety of responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong collaborative spirit and ethic to match organizational culture
- Strong commitment to human rights work and a passion for the mission of Survivors of Torture, International
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Application procedures: To be considered for this position, please send a detailed cover letter, resume and salary requirements as a Word document or PDF file to confidential email: email@example.com. Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
SURVIVORS prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns or volunteers based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to, their actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 or over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.