Location: San Diego, CA FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
General Purpose of the Job: With the clinical team, provide holistic, strengths-based, trauma-informed, integrated mental health and social services to individuals and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (The examples of functions are not necessarily exhaustive. Management is not precluded from assigning other related functions not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.) This position will require remote work, in-office work, in-the-field work, or a combination thereof.
• Assist clients in applying for and obtaining social and other services
• Build, maintain and refer to network of community resources
• Advocate for client services and professionally represent agency
• Coordinate receiving community donations provided for clients such as food and hygiene items
• Coordinate Cards of Hope Project for detained clients
• Schedule interpreters for client services
• Screen client referrals per eligibility criteria
• Conduct outcome measurements
• Identify critical client care issues for clinical meetings and supervision
• Seek guidance from and report crises to program manager
• Document client services in Cerner and ETO (electronic medical records) database ensuring data is complete,
accurate, and contract-compliant
• Regularly review client charts to ensure compliance with established protocols
• Participate in all-agency functions including development outreach and events
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong commitment to the mission of SURVIVORS of Torture, International
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Possess excellent communication, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
• Possess strength-based, client-centered, trauma-informed clinical skills
• Experience and competence working with diverse populations and languages; facility with one or more language other than English is a plus
• Knowledge of client services databases such as Cerner and ETO, preferred
• Must have reliable car, valid California Driver’s license and adequate auto insurance
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits offered.
To be considered for this position, please send a detailed cover letter, resume and salary requirements as a Word document or PDF file to confidential email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
SURVIVORS prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns or volunteers based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to, their actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 or over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.