Senior Mental Health Clinician
Reports to: Program Manager
Effective Date: July 2017
Location: San Diego, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
General Purpose of the Job: Perform clinical services and related educational, outreach and organizational/coordinating activities as required. Track and document client services to facilitate compliance with contracts and funding agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The examples of functions are not necessarily exhaustive. Management is not precluded from assigning other related functions)
- Participate, with other members of the clinical team, in overall treatment planning of holistic, strength-based, integrated mental health, social, and medical services. Maintain currency on clinical interventions, strategies, and modalities regarding torture treatment and cultural competency.
- Screen client referrals, perform psychosocial intake assessments, provide and coordinate follow-up services.
- In collaboration with Program Manager, coordinate and provide support to mental health contractor network to enhance client services.
- Provide direct supervision for one to three clinical MSW interns.
- Oversee the agency’s Healing Club and other support group activities.
- Advocate for client services and represent agency to refugee agencies, community organizations, immigration attorneys and other outside agencies.
- Outreach to schools, develop programs, coordinate services and provide direct mental health assistance in school-based programs.
- Supervise, train, review and evaluate the work of clinical MSW interns.
- Schedule interpreters for client services.
- Provide responsive, high quality services to clients.
- Track and manage client service and outcome data in agency database; monitor data logging and documentations by clinical staff; work with agency management to ensure that data is accurate, complete, and contract-compliant.
- Regularly review client charts for compliance, participate in monthly quality inspection
- Assist with outreach to and screening of independent mental health contractors to provide client services.
- MSW degree from an accredited university in a mental health discipline.
- Clinical experience of two years post graduate degree in community mental health, preferably with traumatized individuals of diverse backgrounds and languages.
- Strong clinical skills, especially at intake, counseling, and crisis intervention, using a holistic, strength-based approach.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a wide variety of service providers
- Familiarity with managing vicarious trauma and self-care is desirable.
- Must have reliable car, valid California driver’s license and adequate auto insurance
- Facility with languages other than English and experience working with interpreters desirable
- Knowledge of client services databases such as Cerner and ETO
- Strong commitment to human rights work and to the mission of Survivors of Torture, International
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits offered.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To be considered for this position, please email your detailed cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.